Last updated: 28th January 2021
These terms of business explain the way your experience will be dealt with by us. Should you have any queries in respect of the contents please do not hesitate to contact us.
1. Henry’s Luxury Vintage Bus Tours, Weddings and Special Events (hereinafter referred to as Henry) aim to provide the best possible service to you.
2. A minimum charge of £200 applies to all journeys booked through Henry.
3. Provisional bookings whether made at the time of viewing or verbally by telephone will only be held for 5 days.
4. Your booking is confirmed on receipt of a deposit/booking fee not being of a lesser amount than £100.
5. Deposits/booking fees are neither refundable nor transferrable.
6. Deposits/booking fees are £100 per booking. Acceptance of our service is acceptance of a contract.
7. Henry will not be permitted to commence hire until paid for in full unless otherwise agreed by us.
8. Any additional costs such as mileage, extra time or parking charges must be paid in “cash only” at the end of the hire. Extra time and mileage is charged at £60 per hour in hourly increments.
9. Additional instructions on the day of hire may incur additional costs.
10. Henry is strictly non smoking.
11. Any deviation from the tour/journey booked, as shown on your booking form and our subsequent confirmation, ie to another destination or to a park for photographs will incur an additional cost.
12. The balance of your booking shall be payable no later than 3 months prior to your tour/journey/wedding. However if you book less than 3 months prior to your tour/journey/wedding then the full fee is required when booking.
13. We may at our absolute discretion without liability and without giving reason refuse to accept any booking.
14. We cannot be held responsible for any loss, financial, professional, emotional, missed connection times, flights, trains etc to Henry not arriving at the pick-up address at the booked time due to adverse weather, traffic conditions or road traffic accidents or road closures, mechanical failure, riots, Acts of God, accidents, illness or any other event beyond our control.
15. We cannot be held responsible for any missed connections, ie flights, trains or boats due to adverse weather, traffic conditions, or road traffic accidents or road closures, mechanical failure, riots, Acts of God, accidents, illness or any other event beyond our control.
16. Any quoted pick up or journey times are best estimates only and all reasonable endeavors will be made to keep to agreed times. We shall have no liability if a pick up or journey/tour time exceeds any estimation given or otherwise exceeds the client’s or passenger(s) expectation for whatever reason nor shall we have any other liability to the client or passenger(s) in connection with the time at which the client or passenger(s) reach or fail to reach their destination.
17. We accept no responsibility nor will we be held liable in any way for any unforeseen circumstances such as mechanical breakdown, punctures, accidents, traffic jams or severe weather conditions. However should delays occur or Henry becomes immobile due to any of the aforesaid reasons or in circumstances beyond our control we reserve the right to cancel the booking and you will receive a full refund, dependent on individual circumstances.
18. We shall have no liability for any damage, loss, costs claims or expenses (whether foreseeable or not) incurred or suffered by the client or passenger(s) by virtue of eventualities or occurrences or omissions including on the part of the driver outside of reasonable control.
19. We cannot be held responsible or liable in any way for loss or damage to the client’s or passenger(s) property, luggage or personal effects howsoever it is caused. We cannot be held responsible for the return of any property left aboard Henry and the client/passenger(s) is responsible for arrangements for the safe return of their property. If any items are left behind aboard Henry then we will retain these for a period of one month for your retrieval from us.
20. If we cancel the booking it shall have no liability to the client or intended passenger(s) if we have used reasonable endeavors to fulfill the booking and to notify the client of the cancellation.
21. In the event of any cancellation by the client, we must be notified initially by telephone and email as soon as possible. Cancellation of your booking causes the forfeit of the deposit you have paid. If we are not notified in writing of your cancellation you will be liable for the full payment of your booking. If the cancellation is within 12 weeks of your booking date you are liable for a further 50% of your outstanding balance. If cancellation is within the 28 days preceding your booking date you are liable for payment in full.
22. We reserve the right to terminate any and all services to rude and abusive clients.
23. There is no luggage room within Henry. If a trailer is requested this assumes one suitcase and one piece of hand luggage per person, and where possible one set of golf clubs or any other luggage at the client’s/passenger(s) own responsibility to get to the destination. No food or drink shall be taken inside Henry, and the driver has the right to refuse any passengers that bring food or drink aboard Henry.
24. Only drinks supplied aboard Henry may be consumed during the journey/tour. Any person bringing drinks aboard Henry without our prior consent may be charged corkage at a cost of £20 per bottle.
25. For journeys booked from airports, train stations and seaports the onus is on the passenger(s) to locate Henry and not Henry’s driver to locate the passenger(s). On booking of such a journey we will give a definite pick up point that the passenger(s) must locate. Any failure on the passenger(s’ part to locate Henry will result in a £100 cancellation charge to the customer. A point of contact person and telephone number must be provided at all times.
26. No liability can be expected for clothing etc being marked or dirtied in any way howsoever caused or by any means during the duration of your hire. Henry has door locks and hinges which have to be greased or otherwise the doors could seize and fail to operate. Henry cannot be held responsible for marks on clothing due to the said clothing coming into contact with these mechanical parts.
27. Any fouling of Henry by any passenger will result in a charge of a minimum of £100 dependent upon the severity of the fouling.
28. Hirers will be responsible for any damage to Henry howsoever caused by the hirer or their guests regardless of costs for clean up or repairs, ie spillage, stains, sickness or tears to fabric.
29. We will prosecute any person who causes damage to Henry.
30. The driver has the right to refuse any passenger that he/she feels may be a threat to him/her or Henry.
31. We reserve the right for our drivers to refuse to drive over any object placed under any of Henry’s wheels, which is the custom of some weddings. Also, the throwing of coins or any other object at Henry is strictly prohibited.
32. The material contained on Henry’s website is provided for general information only and does not constitute acceptance of any booking that may be made. We accept no responsibility for loss which may arise from reliance on information contained on the website or from any bookings made by email.
33. We reserve the right to charge interest on unpaid invoices at the base of HSBC plc plus 4% accruing on a daily basis and compounded on a 6 monthly basis from the date due until full settlement.
34. The client shall pay to us any reasonable expenses (including those charged by debt collection agencies) together with all legal and court costs incurred in the collection of any overdue invoice and the minimum charge in respect of this shall be £100.
35. We reserve the right to alter or vary these terms and conditions in any respect at our absolute discretion upon publishing the relevant alternations and of the date upon which such alternations take effect on Henry’s website at www.henryvintagebus.co.uk.
36. These terms and conditions override all others and we reserve the right to alter and amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.